WRONG WAY ROUND 2016 – Terms and Conditions
The Wrong Way Round Bike Ride is insured through CTC. To fulfil insurance requirements, and to ensure a level of safety for participants, as well as other road users and members of the public, the following Terms and Conditions shall apply.
All riders are advised to carry:
- Form of identification showing their name, address and the contact details of a person to be advised in the event of an accident.
- Food, drink, money, mobile phone, spare inner tubes, working pump, basic tool kit and spare clothing sufficient to complete the ride, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
By entering the event and by signing the Event Entry Form or the Event Participant List you agree to all the following statements:
- I understand and accept that this event is not a race or trial of speed, but a personal challenge. I accept that there will be no list published which sorts riders in finishing time or finishing position order.
- I accept and understand that the event takes place on the open road, and I must abide by the rules of the road and Highway Code at all times.
- I accept and understand that the public roads will not be closed to traffic, and therefore I must: be aware of other road users; ride safely; stop safely in appropriate locations; take account of other participants’ riding styles and abilities; take care not to reduce cycling standards when consulting sign posts, route sheets etc.
- I am aware that when riding on a public highway the function of marshals (if provided) is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether the movement is safe.
- I will be responsible for the roadworthiness and safe working order of my bicycle. (The term ‘bicycle’ is used in all documentation related to this event to include tandems, tricycles or any other form of cycle.)
- I accept that the use of triathlon handlebars is discouraged for safety reasons. If I do have them on my bicycle, I agree that they will not be used when riding in a group.
- I accept that the use of earphones attached to personal music devices is discouraged on the grounds of safety.
- I accept that no vehicles are allowed to accompany riders.
- I accept that all participants under the age of 18 must submit the consent form completed by their parent/guardian. I accept that all participants under the age of 13 must be accompanied at all times on the route by a parent/guardian.
- I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must ride in a manner which is safe to myself and others.
- I accept that if I do not abide by these terms and conditions that the organisers will make all reasonable efforts to remove me from the event.
I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the promoter, promoting organisation, event sponsors, CTC, any event official or member of CTC, or any official or member of the promoting organisation in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event, unless such injury, loss or damage is proven to be caused by the negligence of the aforementioned.
I agree that I understand and will abide by these Terms & Conditions, as required by CTC for the safe participation in this activity and to act responsibly and adhere to the rules of the road and countryside.
I hereby maintain that I am fit and healthy enough to participate in the event and my cycle is in a safe, legal and roadworthy condition.
I accept that CTC cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the event.